Back in September, NISA sponsored and presented at Pensions & Investments’ Pension Risk Strategies conference. The conference is the successor to P&I’s Pension Settlement Strategies event which we sponsored several times in the past. Rather than concentrate on the merits of LDI relative to annuity buyouts as we have before, this year we focused on the effectiveness of hibernation as an end-state solution. Our presentation, titled Exploring the End-State, primarily addressed three topics: what the end-state looks like, how a plan can get there, and whether a hibernation portfolio is sustainable over the long haul. We think the sustainability point is key, and we will return with a follow-up post going into more detail about the topic. In the meantime, we thought you might enjoy watching the video of our presentation along with the slides. As always, we welcome any feedback you have.
Instructions for viewing the video:
- For best results, please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser when viewing the video.
- Click the Navigation button in the top-left corner to move between the different sections of the presentation.
- There are three display settings in the top-right corner: Picture In Picture, Side By Side, and Single View.
- The Picture In Picture can be dragged across the screen and adjusted in size by clicking on its edges.
- The Toggle View button in the top-right corner switches between the slides and David as the dominant display.