As a way to kick off the new year, we thought you might enjoy the video of our presentation at the 2016 P&I Pension Settlement Strategies conference last October. This was the fourth year we spoke at the conference, and we had a little fun this time by incorporating a Halloween theme (hence the spooky title). Our presentation explored several questions, including why “pension risk transfer” is a misnomer, how in-plan strategies like hibernation can effectively reduce funded status risk, and what the complications with partial annuity buyouts are, among others.
Instructions for viewing the video:
- For best results, please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser when viewing the video.
- Click the Navigation button in the top-left corner to move between the different sections of the presentation.
- There are three display settings in the top-right corner: Picture In Picture, Side By Side, and Single View.
- The Picture In Picture can be dragged across the screen and adjusted in size by clicking on its edges.
- The Toggle View button in the top-right corner switches between the slides and David as the dominant display.